Spivak Law Firm | Pittsburgh, PA

Based in Pittsburgh, PA


Spivak Law Firm is BBB Accredited

Child Custody Enforcement Attorneys

If your ex refuses to follow your custody order, you have options. In some cases, a parent will withhold children from the other parent in clear of violation of the custody order.

At Spivak Law Firm, we help parents assert their custody rights by enforcing existing orders. In some cases, we are able to gain compliance by simply reaching out to the other parent or their attorney. In other cases, we litigate the matter by filing a motion to enforce the order and advocating for our client before a family court judge.

Spivak Law Firm handles all child custody matters, including enforcement actions. To speak with an experienced Allegheny County child custody attorney, call us today at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.

Contempt for Violating Child Custody Orders

There can be severe consequences for violating a custody order. You can be held in contempt and sanctioned by the court to pay the other parent’s attorney’s fees. In more extreme cases, the judge may award the other parent primary physical custody of the children.

Common allegations at custody contempt hearings include that one parent:

  • Withheld the children from the other parent
  • Disparaged the other parent to the children
  • Refused to let the other parent communicate with the children by phone or Skype

If you are seeking to hold the other parent in contempt for violating a custody order, or if you face a contempt action for allegedly violating the order, call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.

Contact Our Pittsburgh Law Firm Today

Call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390. Our Pittsburgh office is open during normal business hours, as well as evenings and weekends by appointment.

Spivak Law Firm represents clients in Pittsburgh and all surrounding counties, including: Allegheny County, Beaver County, Butler County, Washington County and Westmoreland County. We accept cases in Armstrong County, Clarion County, Crawford County, Fayette County, Greene County, Indiana County, Lawrence County, Mercer County, Somerset County and Venango County.