If you have been served a Protection From Abuse (PFA) Order, you must adhere to each of the stipulations. Violating a PFA can result in serious criminal penalties.
Here are 5 tips for PFA defendants to avoid violations:
- Do not contact the plaintiff in any way.
- Avoid all places where you know the plaintiff goes.
- Do not drive past the plaintiff’s residence.
- Do not attempt to contact the plaintiff through their friends or family.
- Retain an experienced PFA defense attorney.
Spivak Law Firm provides aggressive representation at PFA hearings in Pittsburgh and all surrounding counties, including: Allegheny County, Beaver County, Butler County, Fayette County, Indiana County, Washington County, and Westmoreland County.
To speak with an experienced PFA defense attorney, call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or (800) 545-9390.