Spivak Law Firm | Pittsburgh, PA

Based in Pittsburgh, PA


Spivak Law Firm is BBB Accredited

Pittsburgh Adoption Lawyer

Spivak Law Firm offers strong, compassionate, cost-effective representation in all adoption cases. We handle a wide range of domestic adoption matters, including:

  • Step-parent adoptions;
  • Grandparent adoptions;
  • Agency adoptions;
  • Second-parent adoptions; and
  • Surrogate mother adoptions.

While many adoptions that occur due to a second marriage are routine, others can be complicated. Some may even require litigation if the biological parent refuses to relinquish parental rights.

To speak with a Pennsylvania adoption lawyer, call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.

Terminating Parental Rights in Pennsylvania

In order for a stepparent to adopt a child, the parental rights of the natural parent must first be terminated either voluntarily or involuntarily. Voluntary termination of parental rights involves written consents to give up their rights and attending a termination hearing.

Involuntary termination of parental rights generally requires showing at an adoption hearing that the natural parent has abandoned or neglected the child. Pennsylvania law gives courts several factors for deciding whether to involuntarily terminate parental rights.

For more information about terminating parental rights in Pennsylvania, call us at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.

Contact Our Pittsburgh Law Firm Today

Call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390. Our Pittsburgh office is office is open during normal business hours, as well as evenings and weekends by appointment.

Spivak Law Firm represents clients in Pittsburgh and all surrounding counties, including: Allegheny County, Beaver County, Butler County, Washington County and Westmoreland County. We accept cases in Armstrong County, Clarion County, Crawford County, Fayette County, Greene County, Indiana County, Lawrence County, Mercer County, Somerset County and Venango County.