Spivak Law Firm | Pittsburgh, PA

Based in Pittsburgh, PA


Spivak Law Firm is BBB Accredited

What If I Don’t Pay Child Support?

If you don’t pay your child support, your wages may be withheld.

Other child support enforcement measures include:

  • Your federal and state income tax refunds can be taken if you owe overdue child support;
  • The court can order banks and credit unions to turn over your financial assets to pay your overdue child support;
  • If you are late in paying child support, your name and the amount of back support you owe may be reported to the major credit bureaus;
  • The court may suspend your driver’s license if you owe more than three months of child support;
  • Your overdue child support may become a lien against all real estate you own in Pennsylvania.

Spivak Law Firm provides strong, compassionate, cost-effective representation in all family law matters, including: divorce, child custody, child support, and Protection From Abuse (PFA).

To schedule a free consultation, call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.