South Hills Child Custody Lawyers
Moving forward as a family after divorce or separation can be more difficult when step-parents are involved. To avoid conflict between your ex-spouse and the step-parent of your children, consider the following three tips:
- Talk to the children together as a family, assuring them that their step-parent is not a replacement, but another person to care for them.
- Set boundaries ahead of time, and discuss the role step-parents will play in the lives of the children.
- Work together as a cohesive family unit; do not argue over the role of the step-parent in front of the children.
Spivak Law Firm handles all areas of family law, including: child custody, child support, divorce, spousal support, and Protection From Abuse (PFA). To speak with an experienced family law attorney, call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.
Accommodating child custody schedules during the holidays can seem impossible due to all the traveling, cooking, shopping, and parties. Preparation and planning are the keys for reducing stress related to child custody during the holidays. Here are three common solutions for sharing holiday time with your children.
- Share the holiday so the children may spend half of the day with you and half of the day with your ex-spouse.
- Exercise holiday time on an alternating schedule.
- Celebrate the holiday on different days.
Spivak Law Firm handles all areas of family law with a focus on high-conflict child custody and allegations of domestic abuse. We handle: child custody, child support, divorce, spousal support, Protection From Abuse (PFA), and Children Youth and Families (CYF).
To schedule a consultation with an experienced family law attorney, call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.
Such outlier cases form the basis of a recently released documentary by filmmaker Rachel Lewis, who spotlights the issue of mothers who have lost custody of their children to abusive fathers. The film warns that violent men can use the court system to further control and intimidate their exes by asserting their child custody rights.
Spivak Law Firm handles all areas of family law with a special focus on high-conflict child custody and domestic violence. Call us at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.