Spivak Law Firm | Pittsburgh, PA

Based in Pittsburgh, PA


Spivak Law Firm is BBB Accredited

Underage Drinking in Allegheny County

The legal age for buying, drinking, possessing or transporting alcohol in Pennsylvania is 21-years-old. The mere attempt to purchase alcohol may result in a summary offense if you’re underage.

If you or your child has been charged with underage drinking, it is important to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Your attorney can begin negotiations with the police officers or prosecutors before your hearing. At Spivak Law Firm, we have helped many young adults avoid a criminal record by getting the charges withdrawn or dismissed.

To speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Spivak Law Firm to schedule a consultation: (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.

Underage Drinking Penalties in Pittsburgh

Underage drinking offenses can carry stiff penalties including: license suspension, fines in excess of $500-$1,000, court costs, and even jail time for people over 18. 

A one-time lapse in judgment has the potential to adversely affect future job prospects, academic opportunities, and even student loan eligibility.

Additionally, the Department of Transportation may suspend the defendant’s driver’s license even if there was no car involved. A first conviction will result in a 30-day suspension of driving privileges; a second conviction will result in a 1-year suspension; and any additional convictions will result in a 2-year suspension.

Spivak Law Firm provides strong, aggressive defense at summary trials. For a free consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.

Contact Our Pittsburgh Law Firm Today

Call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390. Our Pittsburgh office is open during normal business hours, as well as evenings and weekends by appointment.

Spivak Law Firm represents clients in Pittsburgh and all surrounding counties, including: Allegheny County, Beaver County, Butler County, Washington County and Westmoreland County. We accept cases in Armstrong County, Clarion County, Crawford County, Fayette County, Greene County, Indiana County, Lawrence County, Mercer County, Somerset County and Venango County.