Spivak Law Firm | Pittsburgh, PA

Based in Pittsburgh, PA


Spivak Law Firm is BBB Accredited

How To Change Your Child Support Order

122499577Child support orders can always be modified. Parents can petition the court to modify their child support order at any time based on a change in circumstance. Courts may change a child support due to any of the following factors:

  • A parent’s income significantly increases or decreases;
  • The child now has significant or continuing medical expenses;
  • There is a change in child care;
  • There is a change in medical insurance;
  • The parents now live together;
  • The child receiving support has turned 18 and graduated from high school;
  • The child starts living with the noncustodial parent or someone other than the custodial parent
  • The noncustodial parent is incarcerated
  • Other substantial changes in circumstance occur

To learn more about changing your child support order, call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.