Spivak Law Firm | Pittsburgh, PA

Based in Pittsburgh, PA


Spivak Law Firm is BBB Accredited

Divorce: Who Gets To Stay In The House?

Despite the fact that you and your spouse have decided to divorce, both of you equally share in the right to occupy the jointly owned residence. Living together while separated can be difficult. But know that you have options.

If you or your children are subject to violence or threats of violence by your ex, you may seek a Protection from Abuse (PFA) Order, which will immediately evict your ex from the residence.

If there is no abuse present, but living together is unbearable, you may petition the court for exclusive possession of the marital residence. The court may award you temporary possession of the marital residence pending final distribution of all marital property.

Spivak Law Firm handles all areas of family law, including: divorce, child custody, child support, and PFA hearings. To speak with an experienced family law attorney, call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.