Children eagerly await the end of the school year and the start of summer vacation. But summer vacation can be a stressful time for you and your ex, as this means accommodating one another’s vacation schedules. These five tips can help alleviate some of the tensions that arise when planning vacations:
- Tell your ex your plans ahead of time;
- Do not violate the terms of an existing custody order;
- Give your ex the details of your trip (location, lodging, transportation, phone numbers, etc.);
- Arrange for communication between the children and your ex;
- Confirm the agreement in writing.
To speak with an experienced child custody attorney, call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.