DUI Hotel, established in late 2010 and modeled after a similar jail-alternative program in Ohio, offers most first-time DUI offenders in Allegheny County an opportunity to complete their sentencing requirements in just four (4) days. Goals of the program include:
(1) Speed Things Up: Reduce the administrative backlog being created by use of probation’s electronic monitoring system.
(2) Save Money: Create a self-sustaining alternative to jail other than house arrest that reduces overall costs to the system.
(3) Make it Easy: Simplify offenders’ ability to complete the required activities and interventions for a first-time DUI offense.
(4) Avoid Probation: Lessen the number of DUI offenders returning to court for probation violations.
(5) Reduce Recidivism: Decrease the number of first-time DUI offenders returning for second and third offenses.
For a free consultation with an Allegheny County DUI lawyer, call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.