In Allegheny County, the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program is commonly offered to most first-time, non-violent offenders. If participants complete the program’s requirements, they may get their criminal records expunged or erased. There are five goals of the ARD program:
(1) Clean Slate: To provide first-time, non-violent offenders an opportunity to have their criminal charges expunged
(2) Atonement: To hold offenders responsible while providing them an opportunity to atone for their criminal behavior
(3) Rehabilitation: To provide offenders with treatment options
(4) Restitution: To restore the financial burden incurred by the victim
(5) Efficiency: To enable the courts to dispose of cases in a cost-effective manner
To speak with a Pittsburgh criminal attorney, call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or toll fee at (800) 545-9390.