Spivak Law Firm | Pittsburgh, PA

Based in Pittsburgh, PA


Spivak Law Firm is BBB Accredited

Daily Archives: August 28, 2020

Child Custody and Contempt Hearings

Under Pennsylvania law, parents must follow their child custody orders or risk being held in civil contempt.

The most common way a parent will violate a custody order is by withholding the children from the other parent. In such cases, the court may award make-up time and sanctions in the form of attorney’s fees.

If you want to seek a contempt action against the other parent, you must first file a motion with the Court requesting a contempt hearing. In your motion, you explain your basis for contempt.

If the Court grants your motion, a contempt hearing will be scheduled, providing an opportunity to prove through testimony and documentary evidence that the custody order was violated.

Spivak Law Firm handles all child custody matters, including: custody filings, custody orders, custody trials, and contempt hearings. Call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.

Dealing With The Stress Of A PFA

If you’ve been served with a Protection From Abuse (PFA) order, you are likely under serious stress.

The PFA was hand-delivered to you by a police officer at your home or place of employment. You may be temporarily evicted from your house and restricted from having any contact with your children.

At Spivak Law Firm, we aim to be accessible to people who are accused of domestic abuse. People are often surprised when we pick up our phones late at night or on weekends to speak with them.

We aim to get the PFA dismissed and protect your rights and reputation.

Spivak Law Firm routinely handles PFA hearings in Pittsburgh and all surrounding counties, including: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Crawford, Fayette, Indiana, Lawrence, Mercer, Washington and Westmoreland.

For a free consultation, call us at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.

What To Bring To A Child Support Hearing?

Whether you are the parent seeking to receive child support, or if you are the parent being asked to pay child support, the court requires you to bring important documentation to your child support hearing.

You are required to bring your last six months of pay stubs and most recent W-2s and tax returns.

You should also bring your child’s medical-insurance cards and any recent invoices related to his or her medical care.

If your child is enrolled in daycare or childcare, you should bring invoices that reflect the costs of said care.

If your child is enrolled in extra-curricular activities, you should bring invoices that reflect the costs of said activities.

Having an experienced at your child-support hearing can make a real difference in your case. At Spivak Law Firm, we handle all family law matters, including: divorce, child custody, child support, and PFA hearings.

To speak with an experienced family-law attorney, call Spivak Law Firm at (412) 344-4900 or toll free at (800) 545-9390.